Thursday, July 2, 2009

{TRANS} SHINee's Interview with Japanese Magazine WPK., *updated with winkme's translation(070209)

SHINee who pump up the Korean music scene are in the same company as their senior Tohoshinki and Super Junior. Their popularity is heating up in Japan and their first visit to Japan is successively decided. Although, it’s their first interview from a Japanese media, they feel nervous as same as the time they debuted. The new completed mini album is full of happiness and brightness.

Last year, 5 member group SHINee received many awards and they won the new artist’s award. SHINee was debuted on May last year, riding their spirits and now they will land to Japan.

This coming July 29, Japanese license new mini album [ROMEO] will be on sale in music stores. In addition, the long awaited first visit and event will be hold on August 10. Starting with this, we can see how they will be popular.

In such division, we came directly to Seoul to interview SHINee. They talked about their feelings for their love of music and their new song.


*

Interviewer: Your 1st year anniversary is coming right? (Date of interview: May 20)
Jonghyun: Our first CD was released on May 23 last year while our first performance on TV was May 25. In Korea, the first TV appearance becomes a debut day. So our Debut Anniversary is May 25.

Interviewer: What are you planning to do on your 1st year anniversary?
Key: I would like to celebrate our anniversary in our apartment quietly with all the 5 members. Looking back this past year, I like to talk anything with the members.

Interviewer: Why would you like to celebrate quietly? You can celebrate grandly with others.
Jonghyun: We celebrate grandly with others too. But once we came back to our apartment, we will celebrate just the 5 of us. We also did that when each of us will celebrate birthdays too. In anniversary days, it’s important to talk with the members.
Key: Then 5 of us will take pictures and keep it as a remembrance.

Interviewer: When you think this past 1 year, what comes to your mind?
Onew: I can’t believe that 1 year is already passed (Laughs)
Key: It’s really fast. (Laughs)
Onew: It’s already wonderful that our dream was fulfilled and all of us received love and support. We even won new artists award, it’s really a dynamic year.
Minho: I experienced such things that I have never experienced before. I think it was a precious year for me.

Interviewer: By the way, what did you do before debut?
Taemin: Just before our debut, we practiced for our showcase. One thing that remains in my memory was we forgot the key of our apartment when we came back from practice. We didn’t know where we left the key so all of us did “paper-rock-scissors” and we find it. (Laughs)

Interviewer: Who lose at “Paper-Rock-Scissors’’
Taemin: Me and…..Who is it? I’m sure 2 people return and find it.
Jonghyun: It’s not me.
Key: Certainly that it’s not me.
Minho: Mmm…It’s not me either.
Onew: So, Is it me? I don’t remember lol (Laughs)
Jonghyun: By the way, until now 5 of us stay with the same apartment.

Interviewer: When I listen to SHINee’s songs, my heart will pound because of your beautiful harmonization. Is it because of the connection of you staying together?
Jonghyun: I think there’s a big connection to it. All of our characters are different but since we stay together, we deeply understand each other well. There’s a big influence in our vocal too.
Onew: Not just harmony but dancing influenced too. Now, I know what the members feel just looking through their eyes when they perform. I understand their personality.

Interviewer: I see. Well, what artists got influenced each of you?
Jonghyun: Our Tohoshinki and Super Junior Senpai (Sunbaes; seniors)
Onew: Same as me. I’m sure all of us shared and got influences by Tohoshinki and Super Junior Senpai.
Taemin: Also Michael Jackson, I really respect and look up to him. I admire him of having the power to excite the fans.

Interviewer: In your 1st Album “Love like Oxygen” has a sharp breaking voice that sounds like Michael Jackson.
Taemin: Yes it is. It’s a reference and I hear many times so it influenced me.
Minho: I usually listen to Justin Timberlake and Usher. While I respect to Tohoshinki and Super Junior senpais.
Key: I don’t care with the genres. I listen to JPOP, KPOP and Western Music.

Interviewer: What JPOP artists you listen to?
Key: Yui, Koda Kumi, Hamasaki Ayumi, B’z, Amuro Namie and a lot more!

Interviewer: Where do you find such information?
Key: I check the Hit Charts in the internet.

Interviewer: In a certain meaning, you will stand in the same field with JPOP artists someday, right. Because it’s your first time to release a Japanese license album.
Jonghyun: Yes. I’m excited to know now what kind of reactions we receive when we release our latest mini album “Romeo”

Interviewer: So, can you introduce to us about “Romeo”Jonghyun: The mini album includes 6 songs. If you listen to the 6 songs, it’s like a story. In order to flow the songs well, we arrange it in rows. You can enjoy listening to the 6 songs….what?
Onew: You said the same thing again. (Laughs)
Key: Today’s Jonghyun feels strange isn’t it? He’s expression is different when he speaks. (Laughs)
Minho: Um. There’s something hard. (Laughs)
Jonghyun: Even myself I feel strange. Somehow I feel nervous. (Laughs)

Interviewer: Why?
Jonghyun: Actually, It’s our first time to have a real interview from a Japanese media. That’s why I feel nervous. (Laughs)

Interviewer: I see (Laughs), so what’s the mini album about?
Jonghyun: It contains 6 songs. In those 6 songs, it’s like a story…I say the same thing again (Laughs)
Onew: (Laughs) our album title is called “Romeo”. Our Lead Song from the album is “Juliette”. The theme is entirely Romeo and Juliette.
Taemin: Like the feeling of 21st Century Romeo and Juliette.
Onew: I think it’s interesting if you listen to the lyrics of the album. Feeling of Tremulous excitement of First love, confession and good-bye are expanding out in the songs.
Interview: The songwriter of the lead song “Juliette” is by?!...
Jonghyun: Yes, It’s me. (Laughs) It’s my first time writing lyrics.

Interviewer: The lyric is really passionate.
Jonghyun: Thank you. I wanted to write about love story. I made the lyrics passionately, beautifully and romantically. I get the motive from the story who everyone knows, “Romeo and Juliette” I wrote the lyrics while watching the movie too.

Interviewer: Leonardo Di Caprio?
Jonghyun: No, The older one. The one where Olivia Hussey played as Juliette.

Interviewer: Practically, like this lyric, are you passionate when you are in love?
Jonghyun: What? Me? You’re asking if I’m a passionate when I fall in love.

Interviewer: Yes, what do you think?
Jonghyun: No, No, No. But I wanted to. (Laughs)

Interviewer: How about the 4 of you? What do you think when you sing “Juliette”Minho: I think it’s suitable in the theme of the album so really like it.
Taemin: I think there’s a sense since Jonghyun hyung is the songwriter itself.
Onew: Yes, Jonghyun wrote the lyrics so I understand the reason and the emotion of the song.

Interviewer: In the song “I will dedicate your soul” has a very impact phrase.
Onew: I agree. I think it’s the heart of the song. The expression of purity yet romantic love in this song is strong. I also love this phrase a lot.
Key: When I saw the lyrics for the first time, I told that that “What a poetic he is”

Interviewer: Jonghyun, Did you ever give your soul to a woman?
Jonghyun: Eh…..No…..This room feels hot isn’t it? (Laughs)

Interview: Don’t cheat okay (Laughs)
Jonghyun: Ahahahaha (Laughs)
Onew: The lyric of the atmosphere sounds classic but at the same time its trendy urban with a dance tune. Please enjoy also our conflicting image.

Interviewer: By the way, In August 10, you will have your first event in Japan. Can we hear your enthusiasm?
Jonghyun: It’s my first time to meet Japanese fans so I’m very excited. All of us didn’t visit Japan except Minho.
Minho: I went once in Japan when I was a child. This time, I’m really happy that all 5 of us are coming, as SHINee.
Onew: We’re exited but worry at the same time. I don’t know what they think and react to our music.
Taemin: But we will absolutely be successful!

Interviewer: At last, Could you tell me the reason why you wanted to become a singer?
Jonghyun: Music is like my own story. That’s why I’m doing this.
Taemin: Music and dancing is one of the parts of my body.
Key: If I want to sing, I sing, if I want to dance, I dance.
Minho: Music is like when you feel sad, it will bring you power. It will give you two times joy if you’re happy. That’s why I chose music as my career.
Onew: Because I love music. I think music is the best. I can’t imagine life without music.
Translation Credits: winkme
Credit: SHINee Forums
Repost : keylock (almighty-key.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment